Christmas Tree Festival – St. Andrew’s Church, Farnham 6-10/12/17
NB: This is NOT the same Church as last year – St. Andrews is in the centre of Farnham.
We are having our “Farnham Dance” Christmas tree displayed in St. Peters again this year – we won the 2016 competition at St. Peter’s with our decorated ballet shoes! Our theme this year is “Ballet Positions”.
- Your teacher has the clear plastic baubles (£1.00 each).
- Take a photograph of your child in their chosen ballet position.
- Cut a circle of thin card 80 mm across using the inside lip of the ‘smaller’ half of the bauble as a template and mount your picture on the card. Cut it out slightly inside the line – this is quite fiddly but needs to be accurate! – so that the card grips the inside of the bauble without falling into it
- Put the cut-out picture just inside the inner lip of the bauble so that the other half can be securely clipped shut
- Don’t forget to put on the reverse of the picture; the name of the position, the dancer’s name and their age.
- Thread a ribbon through the top of the bauble and add any extra Chrismassy decoration you like!
- Return the bauble to Mrs Barnard no later than Saturday December 2nd or bring it along to St. Andrews on Monday/Tuesday Dec. 4th & 5th and put it on the tree yourself. The Festival is open to the public from December 6th.
- After the festival finishes on Sunday Dec. 10th please collect your bauble from the church and put it on your own tree at home!